CARNAGE IN UK BOND/FX MARKETS – WHAT HAPPENED, WHAT’S NEXT?
- Unprecedented Emergency Action: The Bank of England to purchase £80bn long-dated UK Government Bonds to save the Pension industry – But why did they do this, and will it work?
- UK Government bond yields spike above 5% in one of the largest market moves in history as traders panic over the sustainability of UK debt – Are these fears rational and where do yields go from here
- What is Liability Driven Investment (LDI) and how did It nearly break the UK bond markets this week?
- UK Pension funds driven to panic bond selling to cover interest rate swap margin calls. And, what are interest rate swaps anyway?
- We lift the bonnet on this week’s Porsche IPO. Was it successful, was it priced correctly, how did the suspect Governance issues result in a discounted share price and what does it mean for Porsche’s future?